What's all this, then?

Since I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with this blog right now, I've decided to post some of the strange doodles and drawings I've kept in boxes, folders, and cabinets these past 30 years. A lot of these things were done while on the phone, or while testing pens, or out of sheer boredom. There won't be any rhyme or reason to these drawings. I'm just grabbing stuff from off the piles, scanning it, and adding it here. Think of it as a game of cartoon Russian roulette. The neat thing about the drawings is that each one has it's own history and background story. There will be plenty of bonus posts and topical additions as the mood strikes. Forewarned is forearmed.

All artwork copyrighted 2007/2008/2009/2010 Martin A. Devine.

Please do not link to or use images or content without permission from the so-called "artist". (So there.)

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Goofy Addendum #1

You may be asking yourself, "Why the hell does this Marty guy draw pictures of himself?" Let me tell you why. Years ago, when I was a Boy Scout, I was on the Publications Committee for the council newsletter. We used to hold meetings once or twice a week. As it is my want, during those meetings I would doodle. Back then, I would look around me and draw the other folks in the meeting. One evening I was doing just that, and this huge guy I really didn't know shot me this angry glance. I was confused about it until after the meeting. He got me in the hallway, sucker-punched me, and told me he didn't appreciate my artist stylings. Since that evening, I've been very mindful not to draw anyone else unless they specifically ask for it. THAT's the reason I draw myself so much, I hardly ever get mad enough to sucker-punch myself. Nut shot, yeah, sucker-punch no.

No comments: